This link takes you to the Balmain Cemetery website.
The Catholic agency for international aid and development. Includes the current projects currently requiring funding, as well as updates on ongoing developmental projects. This site has a link to the free e-magazine Ozspirit.
The Australian arm of the Pontifical Mission Societies. Includes campaigns currently running as well as updates of projects and correspondence from missionaries.
The weekly newspaper for the Catholic church in Sydney.
Catholic Youth Services
Advertising events especially directed at young people in the Archdiocese.
CatholicCare – The official welfare arm of the Catholic Church in the Archdiocese of Sydney. CatholicCare offers relationship and family counselling, marriage preparation courses, pregnancy counselling and support services, support for families affected by someone’s addictive behaviours, assistance with care and housing for the aged and many more services.
Daily Prayer Online
Offers daily prayers and reflections.
Often families request information from our Parish Registers. Unfortunately, in most cases, this cannot be released due to privacy laws. However, the following links may be of help to those investigating family trees.
Society of Genealogy, www.sag.org.au
Department of Births, deaths and marriages, http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/familyHistory.htm
State Library of NSW, http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/family/
Catholic Cemeteries Deceased Search: http://search.catholiccemeteries.org.au/
Organ Historical Trust Of Australia
This national organization has the following aims and objectives:
- To preserve historic pipe organs and organ building records;
- To stimulate public interest in pipe organs which are of national or local importance;
- To encourage scholarly research into the history of the organ, its musical use, and organ music.
The old Balmain church (now the hall) was designed by Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin (1812-1852).
The Foundation’s key objectives include:
- Assistance in the provision of funds for the conservation of Pugin’s Australian buildings and objects
- Provision of expert advice and assistance to the custodians of Pugin’s buildings and objects in the conservation of that heritage
- Promoting a wider understanding and better appreciation of Pugin’s Australian works
- Being a catalyst for public involvement in the physical and financial upkeep of Pugin’s Australian buildings and their environment
- Actively promoting ongoing research into Pugin’s Australian works
- Being a clearing-house for information on those works.
Saint Vincent de Paul
About the work and aims of the Society, including the numerous services offered by them, including food distribution, emergency accommodation.
Sydney Organ Music Society
Established in 1950, the Organ Music Society of Sydney is a non-profit organization consisting of people who are interested in the organ and its music. An invitation to join is extended to all and the current membership comprises amateur and professional organists, other musicians, students, organ builders, churches and musical organizations or guilds. The Society has formal and fraternal links with other bodies of organists in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Europe, the United States and Canada.